Find out how to get cheap car insurance and check our website for free car insurance quotes! Use the following tips:
- Shop around, preferably using car insurance quotes. Prices vary from insurer to insurer, so it is worth your time to scan the market first. You should get at least three insurance quotes before making any decision. You can call companies directly via phone or access information online. Also, local state insurance department may also provide comparisons of prices charged by major insurers, so it is recommended to have a look there.
- Access higher deductibles. If you plan purchasing full coverage, pay attention to deductibles and how they can be a game changer. By getting higher deductibles, you can drastically lower your costs. For example, increasing your deductible from $200 to $500 could reduce your collision and comprehensive coverage cost by 15-30%. Increasing the value to a $1,000 deductible can save you 40 percent or more. Before choosing a higher deductible, be sure you have enough money to pay if your insurer asks for that.
- Drop unnecessary coverage. Having full coverage on an older car can be an unwanted and unnecessary financial burden. If your car is worth less than 10 times the full coverage premium, keeping the coverage active may not be the smartest thing to do. But first, check the current value of the car.
- Bundle policies. If you buy two or more types of insurance from the same company you may actually save a lot of money. You may also get a reduction if you apply for a multi-vehicle plan with the same carrier.
- Keep a good credit score. Paying your bills and loans before deadline is considered very important by insurance companies. Carriers consider that people who effectively manage their credit have fewer claims and thus, they will be good for their business.
Visit us for more info. Click here to compare rates!
by Ciprian Gurgu